Being arrested for or charged with cocaine distribution puts an individual in a very serious situation. Whether the law enforcement officers on your case are:
- Local police
- County Sheriff's department
- State Police, including the highway patrol
- FBI (the Federal Bureau of Investigation)
- DEA (the federal Drug Enforcement Administration)
- ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement, also a federal agency)
- The Coast Guard
an individual facing state or federal cocaine distribution charges is in grave need of a highly competent criminal defense lawyer. The war on drugs will roll right over a defendant without legal representation. Contact Imhoff & Associates today to start planning your defense.
Thousands Arrested, Sentenced for Cocaine Distribution
As a Schedule II drug, cocaine is known to be highly addictive and extremely lucrative for drug dealers and traffickers. State and federal prosecutors are very eager to show that they're putting away a lot of people involved in cocaine distribution.
According to the DEA, there were more than 11,400 federal cocaine offenders in the U.S. courts in 2006 alone. More than 97 percent of these offenders were in court facing cocaine distribution charges. The federal system is very tough on individuals and organizations that are alleged to have engaged in cocaine manufacture, import, and distribution/sales/trafficking; the potential prison sentences and fines can be ruinous.
Factors That Affect a Cocaine Distribution Case
If you have been charged with cocaine distribution, your cocaine defense attorney can tell you about the state drug laws and what you can expect to face as penalties if you're convicted. The states' laws differ somewhat, but the factors that commonly affect the severity of the penalties in both the state and federal systems are:
- How much cocaine was allegedly involved
- Whether it was powder cocaine or crack cocaine
- Whether you are a minor or an adult
- Whether any minors (persons under 18) were involved in the alleged incident(s)
- Whether the alleged distribution took place near a school or university
- Whether any person was seriously injured or killed
- Whether this is a first cocaine distribution offense for you
- Any prior criminal history you possess
The potential penalties for cocaine distribution include significant prison time (including life sentences), high fines (up to millions of dollars), and forfeiture of your personal property and real estate.
You Need an Aggressive Criminal Attorney
No matter what cocaine distribution charges you're facing, your Imhoff & Associates defense attorney will fight to minimize the negative outcome of your case negotiating with the prosecutor to get your charges reduced or dismissed, interviewing witnesses and pursuing a thorough investigation of your case. Your attorney's most critical job is to protect and uphold your constitutionally guaranteed rights at every step in the legal process, including your right to:
- Be presumed innocent until proven guilty
- Have your Imhoff & Associates attorney present when you are questioned by law enforcement agents or a prosecutor
- Get a trial in a timely manner
Contact Imhoff & Associates for Legal Help Now
If you're facing cocaine distribution charges, or if your loved one is facing such charges, contact a cocaine lawyer at Imhoff & Associates now to begin your legal defense.
- Imhoff & Associates Heals the Bay and Helps the Homeless for the Holidays
- Criminal Defense Attorneys, Imhoff & Associates, P.C. Celebrate 10 Years, 10,000 Cases
Jodi Arias’ Defense Attorneys’ Motions Denied
Jodi Arias’ defense attorneys filed a motion for a mistrial after a witness and longtime childhood friend of Arias, Patricia Womack, told defense attorneys that she was withdrawing her … Full article »
Now Playing: Imhoff & Associates - Criminal Defense Attorneys
Talk to Us Now
Have a Question?
We can help to answer it