ASSAULT & BATTERY
Assault and battery are two different but related crimes that often occur at the same time and, as a result, are typically prosecuted together. Assault involves the act of threatening to injure someone, whereas battery refers to the actual act of violence. Both assault and battery are taken very seriously in a court of law and carry harsh penalties including jail time and more.
At Imhoff & Associates, we understand the gravity of an assault and battery charge and work vigorously to defend the rights of the accused. If you or a loved one has been accused of assault and battery, please contact us today for a complimentary consultation with a skilled and respected criminal defense attorney who can evaluate the charges and help you determine the best course of action.
Assault and Battery Conviction
Individuals who are convicted of assault and battery frequently face the following consequences:
- Large fines
- Difficulty finding or keeping a job
- Mandatory counseling and/or anger management classes
Assault and Battery Defense
The lawyers of Imhoff & Associates have a wealth of experience with assault and battery defense. We will tailor our defense strategy to the particular circumstances of your case. Possible defenses may include:
- Consent - The alleged victim consented to the harm, as in a sports match for instance.
- Punishment - For example, some jurisdictions allow teachers to use limited physical force to discipline students.
- Prevention of a crime - Under certain circumstances, the use of violence or force is permitted to prevent a crime.
- Self defense, defense of property, or defense of others - Force may legally be used to prevent physical harm to oneself, someone else, or to prevent the harm or theft of an individuals property.
- Mutual, voluntary combat - In some jurisdictions, a person cannot be charged with assault and battery if the parties involved mutually agreed to fight and neither used excessive or unreasonable physical force.
If you are facing assault and battery accusations, we can help you. Please contact us today for a FREE case evaluation with a proven criminal defense lawyer who will work diligently to protect your rights.
Related Assault & Battery News
Sept 30, 2008 - Las Vegas Man Faces Federal Assault Charges
- Imhoff & Associates Heals the Bay and Helps the Homeless for the Holidays
- Criminal Defense Attorneys, Imhoff & Associates, P.C. Celebrate 10 Years, 10,000 Cases
Jodi Arias’ Defense Attorneys’ Motions Denied
Jodi Arias’ defense attorneys filed a motion for a mistrial after a witness and longtime childhood friend of Arias, Patricia Womack, told defense attorneys that she was withdrawing her … Full article »
Now Playing: Imhoff & Associates - Criminal Defense Attorneys
Talk to Us Now
Have a Question?
We can help to answer it