POSSESSION OF ILLEGAL DRUGS
Drug possession arrests are occurring more and more frequently, and the penalties for convictions are becoming increasingly harsher. While drug possession essentially involves the harboring or control of any illegal substance, individuals who are caught with chemicals used in drug manufacturing or apparatuses related to drug cultivation or use may also be charged with possession.
Drug possession laws are extremely complex and require the help of an experienced criminal defense attorney who can ensure your legal rights are protected every step of the way. If you or a loved one has been charged with drug possession, don't risk your rights or freedom. Please contact us today for a FREE consultation with an aggressive attorney who will be on your side.
Drug Possession Conviction Penalties
Depending on the circumstances surrounding an arrest, the amount of drugs found, presence of paraphernalia, how the drug is stored, the location of the drugs, and other factors a drug possession conviction can lead to numerous penalties from fines to imprisonment. Other consequences may include:
- Forced registration as a narcotics offender
- Suspension or loss of drivers license
- Mandatory drug testing
How We Can Help
The dedicated criminal law attorneys at Imhoff & Associates have extensive experience defending clients charged with drug possession. As a result, we have developed effective means to ensure the most favorable outcome for each case including:
- Interview police, prosecutors, and witnesses as part of a thorough investigation
- Reduce or remove bail requirements
- Work to suppress evidence against you
- Work to get the charges lowered or dropped
- Provide you with invaluable guidance until the situation is resolved
- Negotiate alternatives to jail if necessary
If you have been charged with a drug crime, don't wait. Contact us today for a complimentary case evaluation.
- Imhoff & Associates Heals the Bay and Helps the Homeless for the Holidays
- Criminal Defense Attorneys, Imhoff & Associates, P.C. Celebrate 10 Years, 10,000 Cases
Jodi Arias’ Defense Attorneys’ Motions Denied
Jodi Arias’ defense attorneys filed a motion for a mistrial after a witness and longtime childhood friend of Arias, Patricia Womack, told defense attorneys that she was withdrawing her … Full article »
Now Playing: Imhoff & Associates - Criminal Defense Attorneys
Talk to Us Now
Have a Question?
We can help to answer it