Racketeering offenses involve the operation of any illegal business or enterprise, including fraudulent scams, for an individual or entity's personal profit. The federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) and similar state racketeering laws give the government a tremendous amount of power to go after those accused of racketeering. These types of cases are extremely complex because a large number of criminal and white-collar offenses fall under racketeering activity including murder, drug transportation/distribution, gambling, embezzlement, extortion, theft/armed robbery, money laundering, bribery, and more.
If you are facing racketeering charges under RICO or state racketeering laws, it is important to have a powerful and aggressive criminal defense attorney on your side. Please contact Imhoff & Associates today to speak with an experienced criminal defense team member who can evaluate your case at no cost and determine your best course of action.
Penalties of a Racketeering Conviction
The consequences of a racketeering conviction under RICO and state racketeering laws can be especially harsh. However, the severity of the penalties are based on various factors surrounding the case such as whether or not the defendant has any prior felony convictions, is currently on probation or parole, the communities attitude toward racketeering crimes, the amount of media attention on the case, and other aggravating circumstances. Punishments and penalties of a racketeering conviction may include:
- Prison sentence
- Mandatory probation/parole/house arrest/counseling
- Loss of certain constitutional rights
- Forfeiture of assets
- Large fines
- Restitution paid to victims
Because racketeering cases are so very complicated, it is vital for an accused individual or party to seek the help of an experienced criminal law attorney who will work vigorously to build a strong defense, negotiate with prosecutors to minimize or dismiss charges, and if necessary, negotiate to seek lesser penalties.
If you have been charged with racketeering, don't risk your rights or liberty. Please click here to set up a FREE consultation with a qualified criminal defense team member at Imhoff & Associates who will protect your legal rights and maximize your interests.
View Articles written by our Attorneys on White Collar Crime RICO & Racketeering issues
- RICO Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
- SECURITIES FRAUD Lessons From ENRON
- TRESPASS How good people can unknowingly be breaking the law
- RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY Buying Property From Strangers or Unknown Sources: What You Don't Know Definitely Can Hurt You
- VEHICULAR MANSLAUGHER California Penal Code 192
- REAL ESTATE FRAUD State and Federal Fraud Laws
- HEALTH CARE FRAUD Through Identity Theft and Impersonation
- Imhoff & Associates Heals the Bay and Helps the Homeless for the Holidays
- Criminal Defense Attorneys, Imhoff & Associates, P.C. Celebrate 10 Years, 10,000 Cases
Jodi Arias’ Defense Attorneys’ Motions Denied
Jodi Arias’ defense attorneys filed a motion for a mistrial after a witness and longtime childhood friend of Arias, Patricia Womack, told defense attorneys that she was withdrawing her … Full article »
Now Playing: Imhoff & Associates - Criminal Defense Attorneys
Talk to Us Now
Have a Question?
We can help to answer it