SEXUAL OFFENSES / CRIMINAL DEFENSE OF SEX CRIMES
Sex crimes are among the most vigorously prosecuted crimes in the United States. Prosecutors face great pressure to secure guilty verdicts in cases involving sex crimes, and unfortunately, those who are accused are often assumed guilty before the evidence is even presented. Because the consequences of a sex crime conviction are so severe, individuals facing these charges should always seek the services of an experienced criminal defense attorney.
If you or someone you love has been charged with committing a sex crime, it is vital to consult with a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible to discuss your legal options and plan a course of action. Please contact Imhoff & Associates today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a proven criminal defense attorney who can answer your questions, offer solid legal advice, and ensure your legal interests are maximized.
What Constitutes a Sex Crime?
Sex crimes are, as the term suggests, crimes that are sexual and often times non-consensual in nature. Some of the more commonly prosecuted sex crimes include:
- Rape, including acquaintance rape and date rape
- Sexual assault and/or abuse
- Statutory rape, or sex with a minor
- Internet Sex Crimes
- Sexual harassment
- Trafficking in child pornography
- Pimping, pandering, and/or prostitution
- Indecent exposure
- Lewd and lascivious conduct
Individuals who are charged with any of these or similar crimes generally face a number of harsh penalties including imprisonment, heavy fines, monetary restitution to the victim, mandatory rehabilitation, and sex offender registration to name only a few. Sometimes even worse than the legal penalties associated with a sex crime conviction are the social and personal consequences, which often involve difficulty obtaining employment, finding a place to live, and more.
Imhoff & Associates Can Help
Our highly skilled criminal defense attorneys are committed to obtaining the best possible outcomes for their clients. If you've been accused of a sex crime, you need to have an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side who can challenge the evidence brought against you, negotiate with prosecutors, and ensure you face the minimum penalties or none at all. Please contact us today to speak with one of our attorneys free of charge.
Firm Articles on Sex Crimes / Sexual Crimes Issues
- BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SURF FOR Online Undercover Operations to Trap Child Predators
- NEW YORK Can a Convicted Sex Offender Expunge a Sex Offense Conviction?
- FALSE ALLEGATIONS OF CHILD MOLESTATION AND CHILD ABUSE What is Real and what only Appears to be Real, and How to Know the Difference.
- SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION Is Sex Offender Registration Constitutional?
- SOLICITATION OF PROSTITUTION Solicitation, Prostitution, Pimping & Pandering
- STATUTORY RAPE Sorting out the California Sexual Intercourse Law
- DEFENDING A JUVENILE SEX OFFENDER
- FALSE RAPE ALLEGATIONS How False Rape Allegations Hurt both Innocent Men and Victimized Women
- STATUTORY RAPE Reporting Myths and Facts
- CHILD PORNOGRAPHY Internet Mis-Haps