Illegal heroin distribution is one of the highest-penalty drug crimes that an individual can be charged with. Whether it's a state or federal charge, the consequences of being convicted of heroin distribution can ruin the life of a defendant and his or her family.
Legal Representation for Heroin Distribution Charges
Each of the states has its own drug statutes, and their penalties for heroin distribution differ somewhat. An Imhoff & Associates criminal defense lawyer in your area can tell you exactly what to expect from the state or federal district where you live. If you
- Are under suspicion or investigation
- Are under arrest
- Have been charged
- Are awaiting arraignment or trial
- Have been convicted and want to appeal your conviction
- Are trying to help a loved one in any of these scenarios
your best resource is an experienced and aggressive criminal defense firm such as Imhoff & Associates. America's "war on drugs" has produced very avid prosecutors who are not going to go easy on anyone alleged to have been involved in any kind of illegal heroin distribution. Your legal right to be considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt must be upheld, and your lawyers are the people who will do that for you.
Federal Penalties for Heroin Distribution
The federal system is rather straightforward: the federal drug trafficking penalties for distribution of 100 to 999 grams of heroin are:
- Not less than 10 years' incarceration, not more than a life term
- If a death or serious injury occurred as part of the distribution, the penalty is not less than 20 years' incarceration to life
- Fine up to $4 million for an individual
- Not less than 20 years' incarceration, to life
- If a death or serious injury occurred as part of the distribution, life imprisonment
- Fine of not more than $8 million for an individual
Two or More Prior Offenses:
- Life imprisonment
A Heroin Defense Attorney Can Help You
Your Imhoff & Associates defense attorney will negotiate with the prosecution on your behalf. It may be possible to get your charge(s) reduced. If a trial is inevitable, your attorney will fight to get the best possible outcome for you. In light of the severity of heroin distribution charges, you need the best, most experienced and knowledgeable heroin defense attorneys on your side.
Contact an Imhoff & Associates Criminal Attorney Today
Don't discuss your case alone with the law enforcement officers who are investigating you or who arrested you for heroin distribution contact a defense attorney at Imhoff & Associates to have an aggressive legal professional at your side.