ARMED ROBBERY & THEFT DEFENSE ATTORNEY
Charges of theft or armed robbery should always be taken seriously since the consequences of a conviction are so severe. Long term loss of freedom, permanent criminal record, and probation are just a few of the many penalties associated with theft and armed robbery charges. Because of the often violent nature of such crimes, prosecutors are notoriously aggressive in their attempts to secure convictions in theft or armed robbery cases.
If you've been accused of theft, armed robbery, or related crime, you need an attorney who will fight vigorously on your behalf. For a no-cost case evaluation with an effective and aggressive criminal defense lawyer who can help you determine the best course of action, please contact us today.
What is Theft and Armed Robbery?
Robbery is a type of theft distinguished by the use of force, intimidation, and/or violence to seize someone else's property. Armed robbery refers to a specific type of robbery that involves the use of a weapon, a replica of a weapon, or the pretense of having a weapon.
An armed robbery charge is one of the most serious charges an individual can face and may be filed in conjunction with illegal possession and/or assault with a deadly weapon charges.
A Theft or Armed Robbery Conviction
A conviction on charges of theft or armed robbery often results in severe consequences, including:
- Lengthy prison sentence
- Restitution to the victims
- Mandatory counseling
The consequences an individual may face will depend on a number of factors such as prior convictions, parole/probation status, and other circumstances surrounding the case.
Legal Help for Theft or Armed Robbery Charges
If you've been charged with theft or armed robbery, your liberty and rights are at stake. An aggressive and proven criminal defense attorney can help ensure those rights are protected. Contact a criminal specialist at Imhoff & Associates today for a FREE consultation. We will evaluate your case, help you determine a solid defense strategy, and forcefully fight to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Theft and Armed Robbery Articles written by Imhoff & Associates Criminal Defense Attorneys
- SELF DEFENSE The Self Defense Justification
- LARCENY IN CONTEXT Distinguishing Between Larceny and Other Stealing Crimes
- EMBEZZLEMENT Issues to Consider
- THREE-STRIKES LAW Costs too much, Ruins too many lives
- SHOPLIFTING It seems like such a simple decision at first
- ROBBERY and THEFT Consequences & Defenses
- PROPERTY CRIMES Even Petty Crimes can lead to a Lifetime of Regret
- TRESPASS How good people can unknowingly be breaking the law
- RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY Buying Property From Strangers or Unknown Sources: What You Don't Know Definitely Can Hurt You
Related Robbery News
Nov 14, 2008 - Oregon Woman Faces Jail Time for Theft
Nov 5, 2008 - Suspects Arrested for String of Robberies