INTERNET SEX CRIMES
Individuals who are charged with an Internet sex crime and those who are under suspicion or investigation for committing an Internet sex crime need the advice and representation of attorneys experienced in both state and federal criminal defense. The attorneys of Imhoff & Associates, P.C. have the knowledge, skills, and experience to help clients with Internet sex crime cases. We have handled many such cases and have been able to get charges dropped, reduced, or revised for many individuals. Contact an Internet sex crime attorney today for a private and confidential consultation.
A New Legal Frontier
For many people, the Internet has become an integral part of life, and it's easy to overlook the fact that the Internet is still a relatively new phenomenon. The laws regarding Internet sex crimes are also rather new. Often, people who are using the Internet are not aware that they are committing a crime. Some of the more common Internet sex crimes include:
- Child pornography on the Internet (production, possession, and/or distribution)
- Solicitation of a minor through a chat room
- Attempted sexual contact with a minor
- Web cam offenses
- Endangering the welfare of a child
- Stalking and related offenses
Laws in all 50 states as well as various federal laws include sections on Internet sex crimes, outlining severe criminal penalties that can include prison time, heavy fines, mandatory sex offender registration, and more.
How An Attorney Can Help
Our attorneys understand the confusion, anxiety, and stress induced by being under investigation for an Internet sex crime. We will walk through your options with you, and explain your rights. We'll start by asking you a number of questions about your circumstances such as:
- How did a law enforcement agency find out about your online activities?
- How long were you engaging in this activity before you were contacted by law enforcement?
- Is the law enforcement agency that has contacted you or charged you with a crime a federal or state entity?
- Did you know that you might be committing a crime using the Internet?
- Do you have any prior offenses or experiences regarding Internet sex crimes?
Imhoff & Associates provides top-notch legal representation to individuals who are charged with or under investigation for committing an Internet sex crime. Our attorneys have the knowledge and skills to help you through this difficult time. Contact our law firm today to arrange a free and completely confidential consultation with a criminal defense lawyer.