Nationwide Drug Crime Lawyers
Experienced Defense Against Drug Charges
Our nationwide drug crimes attorneys offer clients a one-time, flat fee without hidden expenses depending on the case. We don’t charge our clients by the hour, so they can pick up the phone to ask us a question without dreading the bill later. As soon as you become aware that you are investigating a drug crime, please speak to a drug defense lawyer at our office. At Imhoff & Associates, we will vigorously fight for your defense.
Our team of drug crime attorneys has years of combined experience and has helped countless individuals all over the United States struggling with drug crime charges. We will go above and beyond to ensure that your legal rights and your future are protected. Please look at our client testimonials and see why we are the most trusted drug crime lawyers in the country.
Drug Charges We Defend Against
We can help defend you from drug charges such as:
- Intent to distribute
Don't face your drug charges alone. Our drug crime lawyers have helped countless individuals fight and win drug crime charges throughout the United States. Let us help protect your rights and your future. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Defense For All Drugs Including Marijuana, Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Crack Cocaine, And Heroin
While Marijuana has been legalized in many states across the nation, the various laws can cause a great deal of legal trouble and confusion. In many states, medical use of cannabis is permitted, but recreational marijuana use is illegal. Meanwhile, places like our home state of California have legalized Marijuana for recreational use. Recreational use, however, does not mean you can have as much Marijuana as you want or do whatever you want with it. There are still many strict laws concerning how much Marijuana you can have, who can sell it, and where you can use it.
Harder drugs like cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine are no longer felonies in California, but even the penalties and stigma of being convicted of a misdemeanor can alter your life drastically. Even if fighting the case does not seem like the best plan, we can help you get a deal that may protect you from spending time in jail and having a conviction on your record.
Our nationwide drug crimes defense lawyers can help you understand the drug laws in your state and defend you accordingly. Our firm can also defend you if you have been charged with other drugs.
What are the Penalties for Drug Crimes?
Drug crimes carry serious penalties at the federal level. Possession of illegal drugs can result in fines and imprisonment, with the sentence length often depending on the amount of the drug in question. Distribution and trafficking of illegal drugs carry even harsher penalties, with the possibility of life imprisonment for large quantities. Driving under the influence of drugs (DUI) is also a serious offense, with penalties including fines, imprisonment, and the revocation of driving privileges. Manufacturing illegal drugs is a highly punishable offense, as it involves the production and distribution of controlled substances. Those convicted of drug manufacturing can face severe fines and lengthy prison sentences, including the possibility of life imprisonment for large-scale operations.
In addition to criminal penalties, individuals convicted of drug crimes may also face the consequences such as the loss of professional licenses and the inability to receive federal financial aid for education.
It is essential to seek the assistance of a skilled lawyer if you have been charged with any drug-related offense, as the consequences of a conviction can be severe and long-lasting.
Does Having Drugs In Your System Count As Possession?
You could be charged with a DUI if your body contains any amount of a controlled substance listed in Schedule I or II or its metabolite other than marijuana or tetrahydrocannabinol.
Is Buying Drugs The Same As Possession?
Possession is defined as knowingly and intentionally having the controlled substance without a valid prescription and in quantity substantial enough for personal use or sale. Possession with intent to distribute is a more serious charge than possession. It’s defined as a person selling or offering to sell a controlled substance. It’s also defined as preparing, shipping, transporting, delivering, or distributing an illegal drug when an individual knows it will be sold or resold by someone else.
What Are the Drug Diversion Programs?
California, and many other states, have decided to try and give a second chance to drug offenders willing to go to rehabilitation. You can do drug diversion programs to avoid serving time in jail and getting a conviction on your record. To get into the program, you must agree that if you fail to complete it, a guilty plea will automatically be entered into your case, and you will once again be subject to all of the original charges.
To be eligible:
- Your charge can't involve any violence.
- You must not have any more serious charges against you.
- You can't have any felony convictions in the last 5 years.
Things you must do in drug diversion include:
- Substance abuse program
- Probation 12-18 months (with drug testing)
- $100-1000 restitution
- Stable employment or school
How Can a Drug Crime Attorney Help You?
Having a reputable drug charge attorney by your side is critical for ensuring that you are provided with the support and guidance that you need during this difficult time. Your lawyer will know and ins and the outs of the legal system, and will have worked with numerous other individuals facing a similar struggle to yours.
Your drug crime attorney can help you by:
- Providing you with legal guidance: Your drug crime lawyer will be able to provide you with important legal information that you will need for our case. Understanding your charges and the potential penalties involved is extremely important. Your lawyer will be able to answer any questions that you have regarding the legal matters of your case.
- Providing you with emotional support: Having an attorney by your side during this challenging time is critical for providing you with the emotional support and reassurance that you need. There is a great amount of pressure involved in dealing with criminal charges and having to create a legal defense strategy. Knowing that your lawyer will be there to guide you through every step of the process can severely help to alleviate stress, and offer you the encouragement that you need. Your lawyer will most likely also have outside resources and the ability to connect you to support groups that could potentially help with your healing process.
- Providing access to important resources: One of the best things that come with hiring a reputable lawyer is that he or she will have access to important resources, such as investigators, that can tremendously benefit your case. An investigator may help to validate your alibi and locate witnesses who will be able to testify on your behalf.
- Ensuring the best possible outcome for your case: Your lawyer has the ability to gather important evidence to help support and defend your case. Your lawyer will know exactly what defense will help ensure the best possible result, and potentially help you win the case. Without an experienced lawyer, you may be risking your livelihood and your future.
Fighting For Your Defense At A Discounted Rate
Depending on the case, we offer our clients a one-time flat fee without hidden expenses. We don’t charge our clients by the hour, so they can pick up the phone to ask us a question without having to dread the bill later. As soon as you become aware that you are under investigation of a drug crime, speak to a Nationwide drug crimes lawyer at our office. At Imhoff & Associates, we will vigorously fight for your defense.
“"Our family couldn’t be happier"”“Through our company insurance we were lucky to locate IMHOFF and Associates...”
“"I will forever be grateful that I chose you guys to handle our case"”“I have nothing but a huge debt of gratitude for our Atty. Mr. Larry Vandersnick and the whole Imhoff & Associates team.”
“"I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call"”“Without needing to go to a single court date, the team expunged my charges and got me back on track.”
““My fears were put at ease."”
“My fears were put at ease. I was given a step-by-step explanation of what was going to happen.”
““Imhoff & Associates help to minimize damage..."”
“Imhoff & Associates help to minimize damage created by legal confusion.”
“"I almost felt like I was being represented by a trusted family member.””
“I get the impression they truly care about their clients. I almost felt like I was being represented by a trusted family member.”
“Alan was exceptionally personable, confident, and organized. His and Kathleen's ability to bring full disclosure and humor to the table upon our first meeting put me at ease and I wouldn't have asked for anything more.”
“"very knowledgeable; competent.””“Quality of the voice on the other end of the line—very knowledgeable; competent.”